Thursday, September 5, 2013

The spirit of Sanballat

This morning upon waking my mind was stayed, as they stayed, on a certain situation and I believe the Lord spoke to me the words the spirit of Sanballat.

At first I try to remember who he was and then I remembered that he was this opposition old distracting kind a guy.

Once I looked them up I saw that Sanballat was the guy who gave Nehemiah a hard time when Nehemiah was rebuilding the wall of Jerusalem that had been destroyed and despite the obstacles he got permission from the king to do so and it took 52 days to get the wall rebuilt.

But Sanballat and his cronies or were just this oppositional force and I don't even know their purpose of why they were against Nehemiah. I like the part when he told Sanballat  you are just making up stories and refused to come meet him or be trapped in his traps.

All the while Nehemiah stayed focused on God and he also focused on guarding and protecting the workers. He had about half the men working on the wall and the other half guarding the wall eventually and he was smart he didn't go bragging and telling everybody at first but he'd even gotten permission from the king, he just kept quiet and more focused on doing his duties.

And perhaps the best part was that Nehemiah didn't take a lot of the things he could've taken, for example I don't believe he genotypic house or investing in properties like other people were during that time and also when the poor complained about not having enough food for their families he prayed and God somehow rectified that situation.

And Nehemiah pray for God to remember him with favor and always spoke about the favor of the Lord's hand being upon him and he didn't get caught in the enemies distractions and he was smart about guarding but he was also fair to people who were hungry and he wouldn't take money off their backs and he sounded like an amazing leader.





No comments:

Post a Comment