Thursday, September 12, 2013

Rachmaninoff thoughts and take nothing for the journey Mark 6 Bible verse two days in a row

This morning I thought of the name 
Rachmaninoff, and thanks to Google I figured out how to spell it and learned more about the fact that he was a composer and pianist and more of his Russian life growing up and death in Beverly Hills at nearly age 70.

When preparing to do my Bible study, I opened my grandmother's huge green Bible and turned right to the spot in Mark 6 where Jesus told his disciples to take nothing for their journey except their staffs, and to stay in a house till they leave.

But now I'm thinking I must've been in a different synoptic Gospel yesterday because it was similar instructions but Christ told them to let their peace rest on houses that accept them and let it depart from those that don't.

It also has the shake the dust off your feet against towns that don't receive them. Lord, help me always receive You, and whomever reads these words to do the same in Christ's name.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment